Thursday, June 21, 2012

The selfie.



I was recently reading a blog by a woman, Skinny Emmie, who has an awesome post about defining "skinny" as "being happy in your own skin."

I think this is really important because every girl grows up wanting to be "skinny," and every woman has some notion of what she will do when she is finally "skinny."  I think we should take a page out of Emmie's book, and instead of defining "skinny" as a certain weight or jean size, we define it as finally accepting our body and loving it the way we should.

If we started doing all of the things NOW that we used to reserve as things we could only do when we reached our goal weight, we could instantly be living happier and more fulfilling lives.  Think about it: who says you can't love the pictures others take of you unless you have a "perfect" body?  You look magnificent in that bikini, cellulite and all!

So, in that spirit, I have decided to do something I have always wanted to do, as soon as I got "skinny": post an awesome poolside vacation photo online!  Don't you always envy those beautiful, "skinny" girls with their super cool poolside vacation pictures on Facebook?

Well fear not, bloggers! I have now officially proven once and for all that you can indeed post a bikini picture online AND include some unedited cellulite and tummy pooch, and the world will not crumble and fall!

I went back and forth a lot with this decision because it's one of those that makes me feel very vulnerable, but I decided to practice what I preach and accept my slightly inebriated Mexican bikini body, in public and on the internet, once and for all.  And you know what?  It feels pretty great. #

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing! And this blog is amazing, thank you so much for creating it!

    ReplyDelete