Thursday, September 20, 2012

Perfect girl?

As many of you know, I've been off the map recently in preparation for a big move to Hawaii at the beginning of next month!

However, I saw something today that has me back on the bandwagon fighting for self-acceptance!

Here's what magazines are preaching these days:


I would like to draw your attention to the second line.  It reads (en francais): the perfect woman should have "not an ounce of fat."

Not an ounce.

I'm so glad this French fashion magazine set me straight, because I was mistakenly under the impression that women are supposed to have MULTIPLE ounces of fat, namely for the sake of reproducing in the name of our species.  However, I'm all for eliminating fat specifically for the purpose of eliminating the generations of chauvinistic pigs who continue to teach our daughters that, heavens forbid, an ounce of fat means you are no longer a worthy woman.

I'm going to put this one to all you ladies out there and let you think about, for yourselves, why that "archetype of the perfect woman" above is so much more worthy of our love, admiration, and respect, than this one:

Or this one:
 Or this one:

Or the most important woman of all: yourself.  The next time you open a fashion magazine and see "the perfect woman" staring back at you, stop and think for a moment: what does this woman have to offer that you don't?

The answer may come as a surprise: it's "nothing."

Keep a little bit of this sanity in mind when you enter the world of fake, photoshopped, airbrushed "perfection." #

No comments:

Post a Comment